I just finished reading Otherwise Known As Sheila The Great by Judy Blume. I think Sheila will ace the swimming test because she is really nervous. When I am nervous I do my best on tests and I think Sheila will be like me. Sheila did ace the swimming test, she was got scared at one point because she was getting tired but her friends cheered her on and that gave her a boost and then she was able to pass the test.
When I was reading I had a question, why did Sheila's family invite tons of people to the good-bye party? Because they wanted to remember all the people that they met and say good-bye. My family did this once when Nicholas graduated from pre-k and was going to kindergarten, he invited all the kids at his pre-K school and had a pool party.
Overall the main events of my readings were, at camp it was raining so they watched a movie inside. Sheila and her family hosted a party and the invited all the people that they knew in town.
I finished my book.:-)
Tuesday, March 17, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Sean,
ReplyDeleteGreat connections to your book. That shows that you are really thinking while you read because you are relating Sheila's life to things that have happened in your life. What do you plan on reading next? I will be on the lookout to make sure you choose a good book! :)
-Ms. Welker